The WWE Crowd

Sunday 2 June 2019

Anthony Joshua Loses His Belts To Andy Ruiz

Shock outcome at Madison Garden as Anthony Joshua loses to stand in fighter Andy Ruiz

It was meant to be an easy fight for AJ, a fight to show the Americans including Detonay Wilder and Tyson Fury what he could do in the ring. That was until the 3rd round knock out.

It was a round that Joshua had Ruiz on the canvas himself but then afterwards he was rocked by a punch that put himself on the floor.

He took a count and then carried on before another knock down and AJ's chin and legs were wobbling from that point on.

How many fights is that now that I have stayed up all night to watch only to be disapointed by no true KO. The other week Amir Khan let himself down by giving up after a low blow and now we have Anthony Joshua losing his 4 belts to someone who probably never expected to ever have one of them round his waist in his life time.

I want to see UK fighters show some true grit, I want to see Nigel Benn back in the ring, I want to see Lennox Lewis fighting Tyson, I want to see Joe Calzaghe go over to Vegas and stay undefeated not get floored and lose in his last events like Ricky Hatton. Come on UK we can do better!


Watch the full fight highlights of Anthony Joshua being beaten by Andy Ruiz here.





  • Let me know what you thought of the fight in the comments section, was Joshua having a bad day or was he taking things lightly as he didn't expect to lose at all?

2 comments:

  1. I thought Ruiz would be flat out on the mat by round 4. I even remortgaged my whole house and put the full £5k on AJ winning by KO before the 4th round. I guess Inam just shit at predicting boxing matches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boxing Expert (not David Ross)3 June 2019 at 10:23

    Yes u r. If I remember right all those KOs you said would happen im Fury, Khan and Warrington didn't come in either. Bets for decision to be made by refs as I did and win those fights however nothing made me expect Andy Ruiz to walk away with 4 belts. I bet Wilder and Furys managers are busting up his phone at the moment. Wouldnt take the chance to unify themselves but now they think they have a chance...ring ring

    ReplyDelete